About the branch
Located at 2000 W Franklin St., EVPL West was one of three original libraries built in Evansville with funds donated by Andrew Carnegie. Along with EVPL East, it was dedicated and opened to the public on January 1, 1913. Renovated in 2003, the building is surrounded by a park-like setting that is home to annual events like the Farmer’s Market and West Side Nut Club Fall Festival. EVPL West features a spacious meeting room, public access computers, and comfortable adult and youth areas.